What is a Building Survey or Structural Survey?
A Building Survey or Full Structural Survey is the inspection and investigation of a property, dealing with hard to reach places and structural issues.
Building Survey or Structural Survey report provides condition of each element of the house and identify the property’s defects, their apparent cause, the urgency of repair, maintenance options and may also include a suggestion of the cost to repair. There are a number of surveys available, all with a different price and with a different level of information and detail included.
Building Surveys or Structural Surveys are fit for all properties, but they are especially suitable for
- Listed Buildings or Structures – A building or structure is listed when it is of special architectural or historic interest considered to be of national importance.
- Older Properties – recommended for old properties more than 50 years old
- Buildings constructed in an unexpected way, regardless of age
- Buildings that you plan to renovate or change
- Buildings that have previously been renovated or significantly altered
What is covered by a Building Survey?
A Building Survey or Structural Survey entails a detailed inspection of all visible and accessible parts of the property. This includes roofs and chimneys, walls and floors, windows and doors, cellars, garages and any outbuildings.
Especially, the report will look at areas including
- Any construction defects that may be a cause for concern.
- Testing for damp within the building walls.
- Any notable hazardous building materials such as asbestos.
- Any extensions or renovations that have been undertaken without prior approval.
- Any approximate cost to fix defects.
- Any large trees close to the property.
- Recommendations for further investigations on the property
- Property valuation, if you request one
Save on Your Property Survey
Shradha Land Surveyors is a professional land surveying company in Mumbai, India that excels and prides itself in creating unique solutions and processes for our expanding client base. Contact our experts today to learn more about our innovative land surveying services. www.shradhalandsurveyors.com